Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WOW Wednesday

Wow: an exclamation of admiration, amazement, etc.
What wows you?  Who wows you? Do you ever look at someone and think, “wow, they are amazing, how do they do that?” or read a story of so much love, it totally wows you?

WOW Wednesday is going to spot-light things that wow me – and if you would like to share a story or something that wows you, please email me here.

For the first WOW Wednesday, I would like to tell you about this book I recently read.  Praying In Color: Drawing a new path to God by Sybil MacBeth.

Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God (Active Prayer Series)

This book has seriously changed my prayer life and therefore; my life. Like so many people, my prayer life would get interrupted by me, my crazy thoughts & my crazy to-do list and before I knew it, I was no longer praying, I was trying to figure out what to do next – not really the “talk to God” relationship I wanted.

SO, I when I noticed this book at my church bookstore and thought, why not? Well, there is NO reason why not – this book is great.  It shows you how to put your prayers into doodles and with this, while you are doodling around your prayer, you are praying for that.  Here is a picture of one of my journal pages.
Oops...it is upside down..odd.
It.IS.AMAZING to start a journal page, and look up 30 minutes knowing you were just in prayer for a full 30 minutes – it seriously cleanses my soul to talk to God like that for that long.
If you feel stuck in a rut with your prayer life, don’t have one but want one, or just want to try something different, I would 100% perfect recommend this book. 

On an exciting side note, I finally got my business cards!! 
Front

Back

No comments:

Post a Comment