Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two Hands...

“Happiness in not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” ~ Thomas Merton

I have felt out of balance lately…not sure if it is because Eric has been working so much, or because our weekends have been way too jammed packed,  or that my business is taking off, or if our house is a flippin' wreck from the stairs being redone… or if it is a little bit from columns A-Z all thrown in there together to make me feel a little tipsy turvie.

I feel like every cup represents an area in my life and I feel like if I keep stacking them higher and higher, at some point they are going to fall and come crashing to the ground around me…it is just how it is…you can only stack something so high before gravity takes over and pulls it down (oh yes, I know my science stuff!...not really, science is not my gig!!)




But the thing is, I want to do all these “cups”…I want them ALL in my life.  I just don’t know how to have one at a time…not stack them at all, but hold only one to my heart with both hands and only look at that…truly 100% focus on said cup that I am holding with both hands and NOT even look at or think about the other cups.



I guess I am learning as I go…and that is all I can ask from myself?

I guess the first step to changing this stacking problem I have is to realize I am doing it, to admit it to myself and others and vow to change…for me, for my sanity, for my family, for life. And the next step is to set my phone down...stop being so plugged in all the time. If I am holding my phone, checking texts, emails, Facebook, etc, I can't hold my cup with two hands....here's to holding your cup with two hands.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for sharing these thoughts. I completely identify with this and I love how you compare our life to holding cups. I am really trying to work out which cups to hold and when. I love the quote I found on Jeanne's blog "I can do anything but not everything".. Oh soooo true. Thankyou for being real and open. I love your blog and I will be back. Jo

    ReplyDelete