Thursday, May 31, 2012

My truths...


I have been thinking about this post for a long time – it is scary, but so important for me to get it out there and so important for you to see the real me.

I do believe we all need to tell each other our struggles....our truths. I think once we hear someone else has a “not perfect life” it is SO much easier to let our guard down and acknowledge our “not perfect life” but also realize – no life is meant to perfect…really, how boring would that be?!?!



Here are some of my truths:



I thank God everyday for Him protecting me from cancer coming back, and I honestly do believe I am a walking miracle. AND I wonder what it is He has in store for me with this miracle.



I get a pit in my stomach anytime someone wants to talk about me – I am not good talking about me. I am a great listener and talker about other people, but I don’t like to talk about me…crazy that I can write about me though.



I don’t feel like I am an actual artist – not sure if I ever will feel like I am…not sure why or what will make me feel like one??



I probably drink too much coffee…not probably – I do, but man, I love it.



I cannot be a FULL TIME stay at home mom – momma needs Mother’s Day Out a few times a week!



We aren’t starting Ian in Kindergarten this year and it drives me NUTS when people say, “oh so you are holding him back?” No, I am doing him a favor by letting him mature a little more while he hangs out in “advanced pre-k”



The thought of going into stores to ask them to sell my art is maybe one of the scariest things – seriously, scary than chemo for me…what if they say no? Then what, where will I be with my business if no one buys my stuff?

So many people have told me to talk to Dr. H about hanging my art in the office…I know she would…well, I am 99% sure and that 1% terrifies me…I DON’T KNOW WHY???



I can’t wait for Ian to be able to read, so I can stop reading him Skylander powers.



And believe me, there is A LOT more truth to me. I think it is healthy for me, and hopefully you for me to share this. I will be sharing “my truths” weekly.



What are some of your truths?

1 comment:

  1. So Proud of YOU!!! This is a lovely, brave post!! And you ARE an artist! in many ways...now walk in your truths and don't apologize for or lesson your light. Trust God. Trust your spirit...and remember Failure is not a negative thing, it is a door to learning a different way. xoxo ~Frankie

    ReplyDelete