Friday, March 30, 2012

Easy & inexpensive gift card holder

I love giving gift cards to people so they can buy what they want, but I also want them to feel like they are opening a gift too.  These gift card holders are so fun & easy and make the recipient feel like they are opening a real gift – and you can write in it too, so you have a card and gift in one!


Finished bag


How to:

Get a basic brown paper bag - lunch bag


Fold bottom of bag up

Sew the seams together - I use the zig zag stitch because it looks cute.  If you don't have a sewing machine, you can just tape together.

 What the "pocket" looks like - this is where the gift card will go


 Punches I used - the white ones are Martha Stewart and the black one is Stampin' Up

I didn't have an actual gift card to put in, so I used a painted credit card! :)
The tag on the bag is from this post.
If you make one of these, please post a picture on Face Book - I would love to see what you create from the how to's

4 comments:

  1. very attractive and inexpensive plastic card holders are very helpful especially for the owner of small business as they helps a lot in organizing cards saves your time a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its attractive work..keep it up..!! these designs really helping me for making new Printer gift cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice. I must try to make Plastic Card Holders like this. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete